Bedroom Closets (Including Linen Closet)
*This task does not include the Master bedroom closet. Usually that closet is larger then the others and can take more time so I have left that one out of this task and have it on another day.
- Pick up all fallen or out of place clothes and put them where they belong (or hang them up)
- Declutter and get rid of items you no longer want and place them in a bag so they are ready to go out for donation. Get another bag for trash, label the two so you don’t mix them up if they are the same kind of bag. Get tossing trash into the bag.
- Get rid of items that don’t belong and place them in a bin/basket so you can put them where they belong at the end of this task
- Go thru clothing quickly (what’s in eye’s sight) and get rid of (if you are working on a child’s closet, you can decide what no longer fits &/or they will not wear anymore.
- If applies, dust your built ins
- Quickly dust all hangers
- Dust shoes that are not covered.
- Give the closet a good vacuum and vacuum baseboards
*If you have teenagers I would do this task with them instead of your own as it will teach them but also you might not know what they still like and don’t. For example my 13 yr old son, Tyler and I worked on this together. I found that it helped me go faster with him and he did enjoy seeing his closet nice and clean in the end.
- Wipe down closet door inside out
- Go thru everything
- Re-organize items
- Get rid of things you no longer need/want
- Get rid of anything expired
- Quick wipe down
- Wipe down door inside out
*Remember the declutter bin/baskets/containers you did on January 3rd if there is one for today’s room then put the items away where they belong. Or if you added a new one from today’s challenge put it in the room it belongs and remember when the day of that room comes to also put away those items in there places.
Share your before and after pictures on Twitter &/or Instagram with hashtag #realhousewifeandmomjanuary2016
Have you been doing the challenge? Comment below with where you are in the challenge.
If you have missed my previous posts for the challenge I have linked them below.
First Post of Challenge