Office Day: 1
*For this task a nice cup of coffee,tea, or your preferred beverage will go nice, lol.
- Declutter-remove any items from where they do not belong and put them where they do belong
- Paper piles gather together
- Dust down desk and any decor &/or electronics on your desk
- Organize your desk
- Go thru your paper pile, get out some post it notes & label the paper piles: file, needs attention asap, needs attention (non-urgent), belongs elsewhere, etc… (whatever works for you & that you see is needed to sort your pile) and sort your paper piles to the labels
- Go thru your supplies, get rid of what you no longer need &/or what doesn’t belong
- Make a list of supplies you are in need of that you always need on hand (for example for me some of my musts are: label tape for my labeler, AAA & AA batteries, post it notes in different sizes, letter size printing paper, lined paper)
- Dust any furniture, selves, decor in your office
- Dust window ledges
- Your pile that you sorted marked “Needs Attention ASAP” get to that. Take the time to go thru that and deal with it all.
I divided the office into 2 days because I know that for me cleaning & organizing the office takes time and then to do the rest of the tasks maybe overwhelming and end up not getting done. I am no pro at cleaning or organizing just sharing with you all how I find things to work for me and my family. You can always use this series of the January 2016 challenge as a guide or find some kind of inspiration from it to start yours.
*Remember the declutter bin/baskets/containers you did on January 3rd if there is one for today’s room then put the items away where they belong. Or if you added a new one from today’s challenge put it in the room it belongs and remember when the day of that room comes to also put away those items in there places.
Share your before and after pictures on Twitter &/or Instagram with hashtag #realhousewifeandmomjanuary2016
If you have any tips &/or advice you would like to share comment below, I am always looking for new ideas. Are you following the challenge? How are you liking or not liking it? Would love to hear from you all.
If you have missed my previous posts for the challenge I have linked them below.