Toy room includes any toy areas you have or if you don’t have a whole room area the space/spaces that the kids have to play. For example, at our house we do not have a whole room as a toy room as our basement is the planned location for a toy room & it is under reno, so for now the two areas in our home that are the play rooms/areas are the family room and Ava & Madison’s room.
- Get some bins/boxes/containers and label with post it notes: donate, move to another space etc.. (as it fits for you) & a garbage bag for garbage, broken, & mismatched toys
- Go thru all toys, get rid of broken, mismatched, or no longer played with toys
- The ones that are keepers get some Lysol wipes (or your preferred product) and give them a good wipe
- Also with the Lysol wipes wipe down any surfaces and areas they play on & the larger toys
- Vacuum &/or wipe the toys storage places before returning toys into them
- Vacuum toy area floor and if its not a carpeted area give it a good mop
- Once floors are ready return items & toys to their places
Repeat these steps if you have one then one location for play areas
Gather all your donation bins/bags/boxes into one space that you do not use often so that in the end of this challenge they are all in one location and easier to see and know if they are certain places to call for pick up or where you will be dropping them off.
*Remember the declutter bin/baskets/containers you did on January 3rd if there is one for today’s room then put the items away where they belong. Or if you added a new one from today’s challenge put it in the room it belongs and remember when the day of that room comes to also put away those items in there places.
Share your before and after pictures on Twitter &/or Instagram with hashtag #realhousewifeandmomjanuary2016
If you have any tips &/or advice you would like to share comment below, I am always looking for new ideas. Are you following the challenge? How are you liking or not liking it? Would love to hear from you all.
If you have missed my previous posts for the challenge I have linked them below.