I decided to spilt the basement task into 3 days, as basements tend to take a long time to get thru. With everyday life I didn’t want to feel overwhelmed by the task so that way it is more likely to get completely done then giving up due to being overwhelmed. Our basement currently is under reno still, has it is being done slowly and with extra time hubby has. With saying that my basement is a huge mess! I do go down every so often so that I can tidy up, but it is always getting out of hand as tidying up isn’t really taking care of it all. I am looking forward to getting this task completed and believe that in 3 days it will work perfect.
Let’s get started!
- Gather empty bins/containers/boxes/garbage bags & label them with a paper or post it note: Donate, Trash, Doesn’t Belong, Keep
- Everything needs to be sorted and gone thru that is out of place
- Organize items/products/decor/clothing etc…..
- Get rid of everything you don’t need or want
- Any open unlabeled box/container/bin look in those, deicide if what is inside is packed right, are items you want, etc… If it needs to be sorted and re-packed today is the day
- Go thru any food stock you may store in the basement-check expiry, donate what is good but you will not use, toss what isn’t
So for today, these are the tasks and we will continue tomorrow with Day:2. Make sure you complete today’s tasks before starting tomorrow’s so that you can avoid feeling overwhelmed or stressed out.
*Remember the declutter bin/baskets/containers you did on January 3rd if there is one for today’s room then put the items away where they belong. Or if you added a new one from today’s challenge put it in the room it belongs and remember when the day of that room comes to also put away those items in there places.
Share your before and after pictures on Twitter &/or Instagram with hashtag #realhousewifeandmomjanuary2016
If you have missed my previous posts for the challenge I have linked them below.