It’s been awhile since I posted my last cleaning routine, so I thought I would share my new one. Since moving to a different house and returning to work a lot of my routines have changed.
Kids still have there chores and the help is more appreciated now then ever!
I still live with my agenda and need it more now with working as I have four kids in school there I always something to prepare for or to remember. I also still make “To Do” lists, sometimes the night before for the next day or sometimes at work while I am eating lunch. I barely do it during lunch at work as I have a new night routine and I like to do it in bed or in my office before turning in for the night. I have a post on Seven Things I Do Everyday you can check out here. I like to do on those days where you have less time to get things done, but don’t want to totally let everything go.
Daily Cleaning/Things to do Routine:
- Clean up after making breakfast
- Load & start dishwasher
- Wipe counter surfaces
- Prepare coffee machine (My husband & I have coffee after dinner)
- Quick sweep of kitchen (if time permits, LOL)
- Tidy up upstairs once we are all ready
KIDS After-school Chores:
- Main floor vacuum
- All closet stuff including shoes put away
- 1st floor vacuum
- Trash, Compost, Recycling takin out
- Unload dishwasher
- Wash dishes, containers, from school & after school eating
- Tidy their rooms
- Bring laundry down
- Clean up after dog (outside)
- Clean up after dinner
- Load Dishwasher
- Wash any dishes (not for dishwasher)
- Wipe counters
- Quick tidy up all floors once kids are in bed
- Load of laundry
- Double check backpacks for papers or containers, water bottles, etc….
A few things I also do is;
- wash dishes as I am cooking, anything used to prep dinner and any dishes or pots used.
- tidy up bathrooms (once everyone has used it)
- Prepare coffee machine for next day
- cut up fruits or veggies for next day lunches
- Sign school agendas
- Pick out my two youngest kids clothes for the next day
- Go thru my planner for the next day
- Plan anything that needs to done for the next day
Now some days some of these things may not get done as this is real life sometimes we are just too tired or something came up. Even the kids chores, sometimes they don’t get all done, they may have more homework, playdate, spend more time outside, etc… & that’s ok as when chores are kept up with normally it isn’t so bad when things aren’t always completed. I have a post on Seven Things I Do Everyday you can check out here. I like to still do on those days where you have less time to get things done but still want the house to look put together.
If you have any tips or want to share your routine comment below.