Thought I would share my tips that help be be more productive to get things done. These especially help me on those crazy does where I don’t have a lot of time to work with. It also helps me on those “lazy days” when you really don’t want to get moving.
- Lists-make a list of must do’s, not everything you want to do but of the things that are top priority.
- No distractions, this is a big one. We waste alot of time checking our phones and once we pick it up to check one thing it doesn’t end there. Next thing an 1 hr is wasted. No other electronics either, as something might be interesting and we will stop to watch.
- Have routines in place (ex: morning and evening) of chores so you don’t feel overwhelmed when you need to take care of those “must dos”
- On the days you have things you must get done, focus on only those until they are done. If you have time once completing those you can then do something else you would like to do.
- Have everyone in your family help thru out the day with chores. (Ex. Gets the kids to take out the trash at the end of the day, get everyone to load the dishwasher of any dishes they use, etc..) if everything is on you alone you will get very overwhelmed
- Get a planner- now it doesn’t have to be expensive a simple one from the dollar store, whatever planner works for you. Plan everything in it, work days, kids events, appt, bills, to do’s. Everything all in one place. Review and plan every night and in the morning take a quick glance at it. This will also help you to not over do yourself. You can see how busy a day is ahead of time and you can change a to do or a list of things around to when it works for you.
- Make a list of things you want to do or get to and on less busy days you can go to the list and get a few things done or even just one and even if it’s just one off the list it’s still awesome and that’s one thing off the list.
These are a few tips that help me stay on track. Since I started working I was over doing things and feeling like I wasn’t getting a hang of things around the house or errands because time was not enough. Now I plan accordingly and a morning & evening routine also help me sooooo much. Morning and evening routines have helped me way before I was even a working mom. I also swear by my planner, a family of 6 and now a puppy, there is always something and could be so easy to lose track of.
Do you have any tips or/& advice you would like to share with us? Comment below I would love to hear them.